Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Swim

The Girl started an eight week swimming class. I don't think she will be able to swim by the end of the eight weeks but I hope she will be comfortable enough to not death grip me or Hubby in the pool.

Check out her new suit. (Note to self: Gymboree is a dangerous place. Don't go in there alone or with any money or plastic. Don't go within 10 feet of a Gymboree store during sales!)


Another pose before we headed to the pool.


This was the first time she was in the water without me. As you can see, she was a little hesitant.


But she warmed up to the water and the teacher very quickly. I went back to the pool with her the next day and she was able to support herself on a noodle without me holding on to her or the noodle. (Well, she thought I was holding on but I wasn't.)


They don't allow pictures at the pool so these are all the pictures I got. I am very excited for her. I am hoping the Boy will see that she has a lot of fun in the water and will want to swim too. Believe it or not, the Boy is a lot more timid than the Girl.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Love Kira's swimsuit. Yes Gymboree is a good place for kids' stuff.

Tofuland said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Kiki looked so adorable in that swim suit!!!!!!

langlangcreations said...

I love these swim suit shots. Before you know it, she'll be all self conscious about her body and then these pictures won't be so fun anymore.

RbMommy said...

I ended up here more or less by accident, but I just wanted to tell you that boys seem to be more timid in general. I know that most people will tell you differently, but we were 8 kids growing up together, 4 boys and 4 girls, and all of us girls had a lot more to say for our selves than our brothers ever did. We're all grown up now, and have kids of our own, and every time that we bring all the cousins over to my mum's house, it's plane to see that the same can be said for them. The girl's got the power, heheheh. It's good though ,all women need a lott of courage to make it in this world. Anyway, have a nice day. Oh and your daughter is adorable, smile.