Sunday, March 7, 2010

Girlism and Boyism

Scene 1:

Me: (lying down on bed) I have a headache.
Girl: You are okay. Just get up. (In the tone of voice I'd use when she falls down.)

Scene 2:

Boy: She opens her mouth. (refers to stuff toy he's strangling.)
Girl: Okay, I am coming with the ice-cream.
Boy: In her mouth, now! (continues to sit directly on top of said soft toy) Get her! She will feel better later. She will say thank you. (???? I have no idea what they were doing to that poor stuffed toy.)

Scene 3:

Boy: You have to share! (referring to a bag of candies)
Girl: Why?
Boy: Because I am your mommy! (wonder where he heard that one from...)


Scene 4:

Me: Who gave you that piece of apple?
Girl: I am snow white and the witch gave it to me.
Me: (Looked around the room to see all her teachers and school master standing around, hoping desperately that a friend gave her that piece of apple) Who gave it to you again?
Girl: (Points straight at the school master) She's the witch! (loud and proud)
Me: (A little embarrassed) We don't call people witches.
School master: No, we were playing. She's snow white and I was the witch.
Girl: (To me) That's what I told you. Then she chases me and pretends to bite me. Only pretend though. School Master doesn't really bite. Only mommy does that.
Me: (Even more embarrassed.........)

Why did I ever teach my children to speak?

Here is a random video of me watching my kids watch another kid on the computer.


4 comments:

Tofuland said...

OH MY GOD... Kira and Hayden are just hilarious. Seriously, it took me a few minutes to recuperate from rolling on the floor laughing. Especially the last scene. Just love it! Gotta be careful around these little ones man!

Tofuland said...

Oh my, are you guys looking at Ali's pictures?? LOL

HKFC said...

Thanks for the -isms. Ever thought of starting a book about the humorous side of parenthood with all these funny anecdotes?

HKFC said...

Thanks for the –isms. Ever thought of writing a book about the humorous side of parenthood with all these funny anecdotes?