Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shhhhh.... baby sleeping

So, one night a couple of weeks ago, Hayden decided to party. He woke up at 4 and wouldn't go back to sleep no matter what I did. Coincidentally, I had a hard time falling asleep that night and didn't do so until 1am. That means I had a whooping 4 hours of sleep when the party began. Needless to say, I was grumpy, very grumpy the next day.

I had plan to take a long long nap myself while Kira and Hayden are both sleeping. The trick to that plan is to not let Hayden nap in the morning. I had to hold him off until around 2 so that he can go down with Kira. My plan had failed miserably because the kid was so exhausted that he fell asleep around noon and refused to wake up. Here is evidence of that:


This was 2 minutes out of the 20 that we spent trying to wake him up. In the end, I gave up and just left him on the floor like that while I had lunch in the kitchen and left the big kids to play in the living room with sleeping beauty. He eventually did wake up screaming. When I asked Kira what happened, she said, "I took his eye and lift it." What???!!! "Ricky poked one eye, too."

1 comment: