Friday, February 15, 2008

Robot Love

Happy Valentine's Day! I know, I know, I am a day late but yesterday I blogged about the day before so today I have to blog about yesterday.

Every few months, I go through phases of obsession. In the past, I've been totally in love with turtles, pigs, owls and panda bears to name a few. These things usually end up in one form or another in my crafts and I've learnt to not start collecting based on my current obsessions. They all pass and my crafts are good outlets for my love for these things. My current obsession is robots. Not real life working robots but cute retro looking robots. So, for Valentine's day, Brett and I gave each other robot gifts.

Brett found this "tofu robot" for me. It's really cute and funny. I still don't know what it's supposed to do, if anything, because I refuse to take it out of the packaging. Why I refuse to take it out of the packaging can be a whole other post... let's just say I am weird.
I made this pillow case for Brett. It totally took way longer than I expected but I love the result. I am proud to say I designed and embroidered and sew the thing together... well, the sewing is trivial but I am still proud of myself. Yes, very very inflated ego.

Aside from the small gifts, we just hung out at home and enjoyed a yummy dinner and super dessert. It's probably one of the more mellow Valentine's day for us but it was very nice. The grand finale was watching Lost. Man, that show is going to ruin my life. I think about it way too much.

Rewinding a little bit to earlier in the day... I babysat Kyra for our friends Amy and Steve. Yep, I had two Ki/yras in the house. It was fun. Here is a picture of them right after their naps. It was a minor miracle that I got all three kids to nap at the same time. The Ki/yras woke up after about an hour and a half and Hayden slept until 5. What a good little baby! Aren't the Ki/yras cute?
Here are a couple of videos of the getting up process. First Kira tried to "panini" Kyra. "Panini" is a cuter way for saying "body slam". It's a long story. Next time you see Kira, I'll have her demonstrate it for you if you've never seen her in action. Sorry, Amy and Steve.


Here are the girls actually getting up:


Rewinding a little more to the day before... here are a couple more pictures of Hayden that I somehow missed when I posted yesterday. Yeah... I was watching Lost when I posted last night so I was distracted. That's how I missed these two pictures.












Alright, I am all caught up now. Hope you all enjoyed a romantic, sweet Valentine's day.

No comments: