Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Art

I was inspired by this blog to try drawing with the Girl. The idea is that we take turns coming up with a picture and the other would try and draw their version. Sometimes, I encourage her to copy me but other times I just let her loose and she can draw however she wishes to. This is what she refers to as "I want to draw with you" these days. She would draw tons of blank grids on a page and wait for us to draw with her. Here are some of my favorites.

This is one that the Girl draws first and I try to copy her. She is a big fan of the rosy cheeks.


Penguins.


Birds. Can you tell which is the original and which is the copy? Guess who started this one?


Robots.


What I wanted to be tiger stripes turned into some kind of a scar on her "baby kitty".


Snowy and Nakrc. She is pretty big on naming things these days. I started this one and after I drew the snowman, she wanted me to name him. I walked away and when I came back, she had her snowman and some letters that are supposed to be the name. We should have named the Boy this way.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Love it! Especially the snowman Nakrc. What a great idea to copy her drawings - I'll have to try that with Lara!

Drew Byrne said...

I'm aftraid that I think that the girl draws better than you...but then you can't win them all.