Monday, May 11, 2009

Recent Domesticity

Guess what I made?


Another version of this apron. Here is the red side.


This is the white side.


I love how feminine yet chic this design is. I picked an apple print for the tie and the trim on both sides.


I really liked how it turned out and was going to keep it for myself. A friend of mine can tell you I have a habit of getting nice things as gifts for other people and can't part with the gift. So I made myself give this one away and went and baked something in my own old apron instead.


The zucchini muffins themselves were only so so but the cream cheese frosting was so yummy. I hate making frosting and always end up buying trans-fat saturated can frosting. I will probably make this frosting more in the future.

This is what you need:
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
4 ounces cold mascarpone or low-fat cream cheese
Strips of dried mango for garnish (optional)

Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, consistency similar to that of the cream cheese. Add lemon zest and fold in cream cheese. Voila!

No comments: