Friday, May 30, 2008

Sassy Mail

I got my sassy mail yesterday. Yeah! Remember back when I mentioned I joined the Sassy Apron Swap? I got mine in the mail today and my secret partner is Tracy. She did a lot of work by hand: embroidery and trim on the tea towel, sewing on the rick rack on the apron. She even crocheted a wash cloth for me. Thank you, Tracy.

I tried the apron on to show Brett last night and the first thing Kira said was, "mommy so pretty". Then, the second thing she said was, "Kiki's turn". Guess what the third thing she said was?

"Kiki so pretty." She even did a little dance. She pretty much wore the apron the whole night. At one point, she was wearing it as a cape. She ran around the house saying, "Kiki superman!" Sorry I have to break this to you, kid. Superheros with a cape rarely have happy endings. Watch The Incredibles and you'll understand.


Kira attempted to wash Hayden's hair. Well, the few tiny strands that were on his head.


"What? I am not that dirty."


I also sent out my box to my secret partner yesterday. Here's how I packed the box:


I had great plans for the tea towel but my machine broke as I was finishing the apron. In the end, I had to borrow a friend's machine to finish the last few touches. Can't believe my stupid machine deserted me when I needed it most. Here are a couple of pictures of me wearing the apron I sent out. Please excuse the silliness. It's like I was possessed when I wore the apron. I guess I was too excited to have finished it.

The apron is reversible. One side has the embroidery I showed back on this post on the top bodice and a monkey print on the skirt.

The theme of this swap is summer and nothing says summer to me like the beach. The other side of the apron is that Amy Butler print that I liked so much I made 3 things out of. (See this post.) I guess when I like something, I stick to it. (Aren't you lucky, Brett? :-p )

2 comments:

oliver rain said...

Your daughter looks so cute in the apron. What a little sweetheart. Both your children are adorable! I'm glad you liked the apron. It was fun to make.

whit said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the apron. I got it today and had so much going on it was put aside, then when I was going to bed to settle in I saw the box and remembered. I gasped outloud when I saw what was inside! Your embroidery brought tears to my eyes! Oh, I so love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you - I may wear it to bed! I'll post pictures tomorrow.