Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Playhouse

We went to this playhouse yesterday and it was crazy fun, for me. Kira and Hayden had fun too, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had. It's a kids activity so I usually just follow them around and help them up and down play structures and feed them food when they are hungry. Really, there isn't much in it for me except maybe to get out of the house and talk to other adults.

This place has a huge play structure that even big people can play in. I am not sure it's designed for big people to play in but I played while "helping" Kira. Here are a couple typical exchanges:

Scenario 1 -
Me: Kira, do you want to go into the bouncy room?
Kira: No mommy, I am too scared.
Me: I'll go with you and show you how fun it is.
(we go into the room and I jump like mad while Kira whines: stop mommy, that's too high)

Scenario 2 -
Me: Kira, do you want to go on the crazy slide again?
Kira: No mommy, I am too scared.
Me: Okay, you wait here, I will go with baby.
(baby looks a little concerned while being carried over to the crazy slide)
Me: weeeeeeee!
Baby: aaaaaaaah!!!

You get the idea. I didn't take too many pictures because the entire thing was indoor and the light wasn't very good for pictures. Here are a few.

Kira preferred the more "grounded" activities such as this awesome drum set.


We were already pretty high and she wanted to go even higher. Of course this was the first time we climbed the structure and she didn't know the only way down was by going on the scary slide.


Hayden stayed in the ball pit quite a bit.


Remember his invisible kicks? Here are his invisible punches.


Finally, a little video of the crazy slide. I really don't think the video does it justice. It was dark and my camera couldn't keep up with the auto focus. You just have to try it yourself.

No comments: