Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fiber Arts Maker Faire

Aside from the super duper cool robots, there were lots of fiber arts display and workshops at Maker Faire. Check out these works of art! Looking at this cake makes me want to get married all over again.


This lady was doing demos in the craft building. She was also selling and modeling some of her work.

Inside another building, they had felting workshops as well. One other thing that I was impressed with was how interactive Maker Faire was. I sat down at the workshop and was given some roving, a felting needle and a piece of foam and the instructor, Moxie, just said, "go for it". Not really know what I was doing, I started stabbing. If you've never tried needle felting before, it's worth checking out. It's addicting and quite calming, I found. I made a little mushroom for Hayden. He looked kind of worried here:

Here is another picture that shows the mushroom off a bit more. Unfortunately, I trusted Hayden to hold on to the mushroom but his tiny hands were not up to the job. We lost the mushroom somewhere between the hotdog booth and our car. Bye bye, Mushroom.

No comments: