I finished this project during the miracle nap a couple of days ago. I am very pleased with the result. The fit is great and there wasn't a lot of screaming/swearing involved. This, I think, is the first garment I have sewn for myself that I am completely satisfied with.
I documented this project in a lot of detail in a little notebook and that made it easy for me to pick up the project from where I left off. The project took 11 hours divided into 7 sessions. The collar and the lining were the most difficult for me. The two things I took away from sewing this project are: 1. Trace and cut the pattern pieces accurately. 2. Read the instructions. Commercial patterns have a seam allowance of 5/8".
I enjoyed making this little jacket and think I will make it again. I am not sure if I am crazy about any of the other variations.
By some miracle/fluke, the pattern on the front of the jacket matches perfectly! I didn't plan it that way and wouldn't know how to do it if I wanted to. :-) This jacket is just meant to be.